“Perhaps the most useful conference I have ever attended.”Melanie Wilderman, Professor, University of Oklahoma
“So much passion. So much innovation. So much fun. See you next year!”Luke Green, Professor, St. Cloud Technical and Community College
“Not your run-of-the-mill academic conference!”Steven Ehrlick, Professor, Ryerson University
“It's not just younger faculty and shiny objects; it's seasoned professors using technology to complement their teaching.”Tim Cigelske, Professor, Marquette University
Join 300+ progressive educators for the third annual Top Hat Engage higher education conference. This year's theme is Teaching with Insight.
About Top Hat Engage
What if you could engage students before, during and after class, get a holistic view of their progress, and easily identify and act on opportunities to improve their learning?
At Top Hat Engage 2020, join hundreds of like-minded and passionate educators on a shared mission to make a greater impact on students by teaching with insight. At Top Hat's higher education conference discover how real-time instructional decisions—powered by data—maximize engagement, learning and student outcomes. You’ll get inspired by your academic peers, and learn practical Top Hat tips and tricks that improve your teaching experience and help your students succeed.
Why you should attend
- Get inspired by fellow educators who share a passion for teaching and the student experience [See Professor Jose Vasquez's top-rated main stage keynote from our last Top Hat Engage conference]
- Hear from experts on active learning, course design and transformation, interactive content creation, educational technology, personalized learning, student engagement and more
- Get the most out of Top Hat's comprehensive assessment and insights platform with a Top Hat Certification
- Attend or present at one of our many HOW I TAUGHT THIS lightning talks to get practical teaching tips from your peers
Past attendee? Here's what's new!
- Two streams (foundations and advanced) for Top Hat Certification followed by a VIP event at a secret location in the French Quarter on Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Extended HOW I TAUGHT THIS sessions for professors to teach and learn from their peers
- Discipline-specific networking opportunities (see pictures from the last Engage event)
- A new and exciting vibrant destination—New Orleans is filled with art, music and food